Hey everyone, Kristy here! I’m a Visual Communications student at Medicine Hat College and will be working with Matt and Amanda this summer.
I enjoy all aspects of the design/art world, but photography is my passion. I was given my first camera, a little Canon ELPH, in 2008. Over the past eight years, a few equipment upgrades, and countless hours of playing around with my camera later, I have come to realize all that was possible with a camera in hand. There have been so many amazing mentors along the way and I would like to say thank you to each one of you.
I grew up on a farm by Assiniboia, SK. Living on the flat prairie helped shape my love for capturing the “land of the living skies” whether it be vibrant sunsets, storm clouds, or dancing auroras. Over the past couple of years I have gotten into portrait/lifestyle photography as well. I remember the first time I saw a photo by Chasing Autumn in 2012 and was blown away by the magic they had captured. When an opportunity opened up this summer to work with a photographer in Medicine Hat, Matt and Amanda were at the top of my list. A few emails and meeting later and everything was set for me to be the summer intern. Yay!
I’ve worked a few weeks so far and I’m having a blast learning all the tips and tricks Matt and Amanda have to offer. I love being part of this fun and creative atmosphere that consistently produces a polished and professional result.
8 Random Facts About Me //
1. I love the Royal Family and will often reference Kate.
2. I enjoy cooking up good food and giving it a fancy presentation.
3. I’m learning the ways of a long boarder this summer.
4. I love the word ‘fresh’ and use for everything – noun, verb, or adjective. #feelingfresh
5. I enjoy growing avocados and have three on the go right now.
6. I want to learn 12 languages. I’m at 1.5 right now… just a few more to go!
7. 3 places on my bucket list: Italy, Iceland, and Israel.
8. I’m a night owl.
Y'all are awesome! //